Sunday, May 13, 2007

Knitting in Coral Gables

Hi, Everyone! I'm Debbie, and I live in Coral Gables, Florida. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was about 5, and then to knit when I was 6 or 7. My only grandchild, an adorable 4-year-old little girl who lives in Portland, Oregon, loves to watch me knit, and I have already started teaching her how to crochet using her fingers. I just finished knitting her a pair of socks in hot pink with purple, her two favorite colors.

I have two children, a daughter who lives in New Jersey and a son who lives in Oregon. My husband and I are retired and we spend a lot of time traveling - visiting New Jersey and Oregon, and cruising. My biggest problem in packing for cruises is what knitting projects, and how many, I should take with me. My favorite colors are blues, pinks, and purples, with a little green and red thrown into the mix. I love starting new projects and sometimes have to use real will power to finish a few before starting anything new. I couldn't wait to make the first 2 squares and finished them quickly. Now I am looking forward to receiving the next patterns and yarn.

Debbie

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Debbie, Glad you are enjoying the Under Cover Club. Oregon is on my list of places I would love to visit someday!

Debby said...

Would love to see pictures of your finished blocks. How do you think they turned out?