Monday, June 11, 2007

Basket of Yarn

Finished and blocked today.


A strange thing happened when I got the three other squares out to try them on the bed - I know, I need to get a life!! ;0) All three squares, which were blocked using wires to a perfect 12" square (checked and re-checked), have all shrunk to a perfect 11" square. How can this happen? There were completely dry when I stored them. I'll be checking on this block tomorrow to see if the same thing has happened. Who knows, maybe that extra inch will have returned to the others?! Very strange .....

3 comments:

Debby said...

I don't know what happened to your squares. I have not had mine shrink. Did you rinse them in warm water before you blocked or just sprayed when they were on the blocking board? Let me know what you find out with the most recent of your squares, ie, shrinking?

Linda said...

With all of them I immersed them completely in warm water and did a wet block. I can't understand how they could shrink. I don't mind, so long as they all "shrink" to the same size! ;0) If this last one stays at 12", I might re-block the others and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

Joy said...

They look lovely Linda - I think you and Minnie and I are all knitting to the same colourway :-)

I have a train journey to London on Saturday, and hope to knit my squares on the journey.