Sunday, June 10, 2007

Done with June Squares

I said it in my post yesterday - thanks to the Yarn Grove folks for sending me just the right thing. Both patterns were so fun and quick that once I started I just couldn't stop. The squares are on the blocking board drying out and here are my pictures for you:


First is the bamboo stitch. It also took me a little bit of thought before starting - I kept reading the stitch as a decrease. Then I just did it and it all makes sense. I think I have a sock pattern somewhere that uses this stitch to give a "scale" effect on the sock. Pretty cool. No problem with blocking the pattern to size - it even opened up nicely to show the wrapped stitches.

Next is the basket stitch - this one came out wonderfully but it's really stretchy! I had to "nudge" the edges back in to the 12" square. I may end up reblocking this square at some point, but I suspect it'll be fine in the end. I've got a few ounces of the yarn leftover and am thinking about what I'll do at the end with all the remnants ... maybe some kind of scarf or a pair of fingerless mitts. Any suggestions?

Ok, that's it! Time to figure out what's next and enjoy the hiatus until next month.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Debby said...

Your squares look great. Keep all the leftover yarn as you will need some to put all the squares together at the end.

Debby said...

Some of the squares are stretchy but they should block to 12". Before blocking it again, get it completely wet with warm water. Mine worked well doing it that way.

Jane said...

Those look great!

Joy said...

It's so nice to see squares in a different colourway. They look lovely.